As someone who travels often, I’ve learned how to apply the concept of economies of scale to packing. In other words, I get more value out of using small beauty products due to the resulting increase in luggage space for my shoes / handbags. I realize this is a poor use of my economics degree but then again traveling with a small child is no picnic! In any event, I find the items below tremendously helpful either because they have multiple uses (Ole Henriksen wipes replace both eye make-up remover and cleanser) or are easy to get through airport security (Malin & Goetz Essentials Kit). Also helpful is a flexible attitude; why not use The Multiple in Copacabana by Nars, a shimmery neutral for eyes, cheeks, and lips instead of hauling myriad eyeshadows and highlighters?
I’m always happy to hear traveling tips so drop me a comment with your essential on-the-go products. In the meantime, happy packing!
1. Nars The Multiple £30 uk.spacenk.com
2. Ole Henrikson Truth To Go Cleansing Wipes £15 feelunique.com
3. Benefit Gettin’ Cheeky $17 * sephora.com
4. Malin + Goetz Essential Kit £20 uk.spacenk.com
5. EcoTools 5 Piece Brush Set £19.99 boots.com
6. Fekkai Travel Size Brilliant Glossing Cream * $9 ulta.com
7. Vaseline Petroleum Jelly £1.79 boots.com
8. Elemis Pro-Collagen Duo £29 (value £52) feelunique.com
* I’ve only purchased these items in the U.S.