It’s so easy to get lost amidst the Summer sales especially as they begin all at once causing sensory, not to mention budget, overload. Then there are sales so popular the website repeatedly crashes (see net-a-porter.com) making the entire experience a bit frustrating. So today I’ve decided to highlight this Mar Y Sol ruffle clutch which I love unreservedly, despite not being on sale, as the mix of raffia and tropical green remind me of past beach holidays. In fact, I think this is the perfect Summer bag for both day (pair with a maxidress and wedges) and night (brightens a simple shift dress). Plus, as a Fair Trade collaboration with artisans from Madagascar, this clutch will leave you with a clear conscience!
Kurt Geiger’s sale has begun and there are lots of good deals from one of my go-to retailers for shoes in the UK! The impressive roster of labels sold online and in stores includes Carvela, Vince Camuto, Converse, Jessica Simpson, Nine West, Pretty Ballerinas, and of course, Kurt Geiger London along with its diffusion line KG Kurt Geiger. Given the diversity of styles for which these brands are known, it’s a safe bet that you’ll find something regardless of personal taste.
I’ve perused the sale items and picked my steals, including the Vince Camuto Harissa leather sandals in tan which I’ve already purchased. Also remember that Kurt Geiger sells other accessories as well; in fact, the Carvela Bergonia clutch I featured in a recent post (http://wp.me/p1gaON-1mC) is now £65, reduced from £79.
- RYSSA – pink patent | Vince Camuto. £29 (reduced from £90)
- BERGONIA – orange fabric | Carvela Kurt Geiger. £65 (reduced from £79)
- OUTBURST8 – taupe synthetic | Nine West. £29 (reduced from £90)
- SOUTHBANK – black jelly rubber | Kurt Geiger London. £55 (reduced from £95)
- LASSO – taupe leather | KG Kurt Geiger. £79 (reduced from £140)
- HARISSA – tan leather | Vince Camuto. £75 (reduced from £105)
- KRISTIE – brown leather | Carvela Kurt Geiger. £45 (reduced from £75)
- CT STARS HI – red canvas | Converse. £39 (reduced from £50)
- BLISSFULLY2 – black/other fabric | Nine West. £29 (reduced from £100)
It’s all about envelope clutches this season with many cute options available in a variety of colors. Undoubtedly impractical for the daytime as the small interior typically fits only keys, cards and lipstick, envelope clutches are perfect for when you simply want to make a style statement (or wish to avoid a sore shoulder). Below are my favorites in several price points ranging from High Street (River Island, Aldo) to designer (Sophie Hulme) and even eco-friendly (Mar Y Sol). Also, I’ve just discovered a U.S. boutique, South Moon Under, which stocks some amazing pieces with embellishments and patterns so be sure to check out their website.
- SPEROS Brown & White Clutch- ALDO Shoes. £35
- Bright Aztec Envelope Clutch – South Moon Under $29.95*
- Grey colour block studded clutch bag – River Island. £28
- Mar Y Sol Ellise Embroidered Envelope Clutch | Piperlime. $95*
- WILBUR & GUSSIE Charlie Clutch Blue Raw Silk Elephant – Austique. £155
- Sophie Hulme | Envelope neon-orange clutch | NET-A-PORTER.COM. £420
- Nila Anthony Embellished Envelope Clutch – South Moon Under. $54*
Actress Kerry Washington recently dazzled in a photo shoot for Instyle’s May 2013 issue. In particular, I loved the combination of Erdem’s organza Innes dress with Tom Binn’s Soft Power bib necklace. Together, Washington looks sophisticated yet slightly edgy, especially with the neon embroidery of the flowers. Unfortunately if you want to replicate this outfit, you’ll be out £4,370 for the dress and approximately £1,673 for the necklace (note: the Binns necklace pictured below is not the same featured in the magazine).
With that in mind, I’ve chosen pieces inspired by the shoot which are far more reasonably priced, starting with Bimba & Lola’s Garden Print dress in pink, currently on sale for £90 (down from £150). The neutral neckline provides the perfect base for a bib necklace so I’ve included several options available from Etsy boutiques Colorblockshop (pictured top approx. £38) and rockspapermetal (bottom right approx. £56) as well as Asos (bottom left £35). Simply add some 60s inspired eye make-up and you’re ready for a night out!
Note: Some prices are approximate because they’ve been converted from USD to GBP.